Platinum SEO Plugin is the ultimate wordpress SEO solution.Platinum SEO Plugin offers all the features of All in One SEO plugin plus more. For example, you can add index, noindex, follow or nofollow, noodp, noydir meta tags to any post/page.If you wish, you can do away with the universal title format that the plugin offers for any post or page.
Uberdose, built the world’s most popular wordpress plugin “All in One SEO“. I too liked his plugin but was looking for more options in it.I developed Platinum SEO plugin for my own blogs.But now that Uberdose no longer supports All in One SEO, I decided to release this plugin to benefit wordpress community.I know that someone else has taken over the support and maintenance of All in One SEO.But I wanted Platinum SEO plugin to not only automate SEO for wordpress blogs, but also provide an ultimate onsite SEO (search engine optimization) solution for wordpress blogs.I find many wordpress users asking for explanations of the various options. I have already made a comprehensive explanation post on it.You will have to read this post on smart WordPress SEO options for smart benefits.
If you are already using All In One SEO Pack, this plugin will automatically import all the settings, that you have defined using All in one SEO plugin.You just need to verify the options, through Setting->Platinum SEO page of your wordpress blog.Platinum SEO Pack is also compatible with earlier versions of wordpress, though I recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of wordpress. I would request other language users to help me make this plugin multilingual.It is not very difficult, to make this multilingual . Check out some SEO optimized free themes here. More themes will be made available soon.
• Optimized Post and Page Titles for search engines
• Generates all SEO relevant META tags automatically
• Helps you avoid duplicate content
• Lets you override any title and set any META description and META keywords, for any post or page
• Compatible with most other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others.However you may have to disable All in One SEO pack
• You don’t have to fear changing permalinks. If you are not satisfied with the current permalink, change it through Settings–>Permalinks in your admin panel, without worrying about loss of Page rank or google penalty.Platinum SEO plugin will take care of issuing a 301 redirect to the new location.This is a new essential feature, not present in All in one SEO
• Add meta description and meta keywords tags to WordPress Categories and WordPress Tag pages. Check, how to do it here
• Add index, noindex, follow or nofollow, noarchive, nosnippet, noodp, noydir meta tags to any post/page.These options are not available in All in one SEO Pack.Find out why this option to set post/page level HTML meta robots tag useful?
• Options to noindex cateogory pages, archives, tag pages, comment feeds, rss feeds, search result pages, sub pages of home or category or tag pages.These are not available in All in One SEO pack.
• Nofollow external links on front page (Home page, Category page, etc – This feature is also not available in All in One SEO pack
How to install Platinum SEO Plugin ?
1. Unzip into your `/wp-content/plugins/` directory. If you’re uploading it make sure to upload the top-level folder. Don’t just upload all the php files and put them in `/wp-content/plugins/`.
2. Deactivate All in One SEO, if you are using it.Don’t worry as all your settings in All in One SEO are automatically imported into Platinum SEO
3. Activate the Platinum SEO plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
4. Visit your SEO options (*Options – Platinum SEO*) for WordPress 2.3.x, (*Settings – Platinum SEO*) for WordPress 2.5.x
That’s all folks!
Download Platinum SEO Plugin from wordpress repository, install and let me know your feedback.
Also try out my other plugins:
• Chennai Central Plugin – Chennai Central plugin saves bandwidth on your wordpress site/blog.It can be very useful plugin going forward, with a few more cool features on it.
• Broken links Remover Plugin – Broken links are not good for SEO. Broken links Remover plugin lets you easily remove/hide broken links on your wordpress blogs/site.